|

'Denying your husband sex is cruel'

A court judge has declared that denial of sex was justifiable grounds for divorce after a man said that his wife had refused to sleep with him on their wedding night and had only consented 10 to 15 times over a five-month period.

A spouse who refuses to have sex with their partner is guilty of cruelty, the Delhi High Court ruled, in a case over a contested divorce.

“The testimony of the husband that the wife was never responsive and was like a dead wood when he had sexual intercourse with her remained unrebutted,” Justice Kailash Gambhir said in his verdict.



“It is evident that wilful denial of sexual intercourse without reasonable cause would amount to cruelty,” Gambhir said.



The high court rejected an appeal by the woman against the divorce, which was granted by a lower court in 2001 after the couple had married in 1991.



“Sex is the foundation of marriage and marriage without sex is an anathema,” Gambhir said.



“Marriage without sex will be an insipid relation.”



“There may be cases where one partner to the marriage may be over sexual and the other may not have the desire to the same level, but otherwise is fully potent,” he added.



The verdict came after Indian lawmakers last week cleared a draft bill to make divorces easier. Most marriages in India are still arranged by family members and divorce is rare, but rates are reported to have risen rapidly in recent years in the country’s larger cities.

[Source: The Press Trust of India]

Posted by special dating advice on 4:32 AM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

16 comments for "'Denying your husband sex is cruel'"

  1. Thanks for your posting. I would love to opinion that the very first thing you will need to perform is check if you really need fixing credit. To do that you simply must get your hands on a copy of your credit profile. That should not be difficult, since the government makes it necessary that you are allowed to have one cost-free copy of your credit report each year. You just have to check with the right people today. You can either look at website for that Federal Trade Commission or contact one of the main credit agencies right away.

  2. Found your site on google today and really liked it... I bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later... http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

  3. Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you made running a blog glance easy. The entire glance of your website is magnificent, as neatly as the content!

  4. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing for your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

  5. I'd have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

  6. I'm still learning from you, but I'm improving myself. I certainly enjoy reading all that is posted on your blog.Keep the aarticles coming. I liked it!

  7. tnx for your infos, i really appreciate your blog!

  8. Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and appearance. I must say you have done a amazing job with this. In addition, the blog loads super quick for me on Firefox. Exceptional Blog!
    My Bolg : DepressionSymptomsMedication.com

  9. I am now not certain the place you're getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend a while finding out more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my mission.

  10. I used to be suggested this web site by means of my cousin. I'm no longer positive whether or not this submit is written via him as no one else know such targeted about my trouble. You're incredible! Thanks!

  11. Wonderful piece you have produced proper! The internet is stuffed with horrid penning and I utilised to be grabbed by your limpidity. Your choices are actual and I will straightaway subscribe to your rss or atom nourish to remain day making use of your up emerging postings. In truth! I confess it, your composition vogue is incredible and that i is fine considerably more concentrated on mine.

  12. I've read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.

  13. I’ll gear this review to 2 types of people: current Zune owners who are considering an upgrade, and people trying to decide between a Zune and an iPod. (There are other players worth considering out there, like the Sony Walkman X, but I hope this gives you enough info to make an informed decision of the Zune vs players other than the iPod line as well.)

  14. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing for your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

  15. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author. I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will eventually come back from now on. I want to encourage continue your great job, have a nice weekend!

  16. Good Stuff, do you have a facebook account?

Leave a reply

Blog Archive

Labels